We ship Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii USPS Priority Mail click here for details
Home About Pillow Talk Customer Service Shipping Security Check Out
Waterbed Mattresses
Softside Waterbeds
Hardside Waterbeds
Softside Replacement Mattresses
Waterbed Heaters
Waterbed Sheets
Padded Rail Caps
Waterbed Accessories
   -Electric Drain Pumps
   -Hardside Zip Covers
   -Safety Liners
   -Fill and Drain Kits
   -Repair Kits
   -Mattress Pads

Bedroom Sets
Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattresses
Airframe Air Cushioned Waterbed Mattress
Air Bed Replacement Pumps and Mattresses
Sterling Waterbeds
Currency Converter
Waterbed Assembly
Hardside Return Policy

We accept:

Waterbeds Glossary

Algae - A growth of bacteria that forms inside an untreated waterbed.

Algaecide - A chemical that helps to prevent the growth of algae.

Baffle - A material inside a water mattress that helps restrict the motion.

Bladder - The vinyl mattress that holds the water.

Burp - The term used to describe the release of air from the valve of a water mattress.

Cap & bulb - A heating system for waterbeds that uses a capillary and bulb system rather than solid state.

Cap & plug - The screw cap and seal that prevents water from escaping the valve of a water mattress.

California King - A bed that measures 72 inches wide by 84 inches long.

Conditioner - A chemical that helps to prevent the growth of algae.

Decking - The platform that sits on top of the pedestal of a hardside waterbed.

Drain kit - A venturi pump that assists in the draining of a waterbed.

Drawer pedestal - A series of drawers that sit under a hardside waterbed.

Extruda - The metal or plastic clips that join the four corners of the pedestal.

Fiberfill - A material made of polyester fiber inside a water mattress that helps restrict the motion.

Fill kit - A plastic fitting that allows a waterbed to be filled with a standard garden hose hooked up to an indoor faucet.

Foundation - The base that a waterbed sits on.

Foam rails - The mattress enclosure that holds a water mattress in a softside waterbed.

Frame- In the case of a hardside waterbed, the side supports that hold the water mattress. In the case of a softside waterbed it refers to the metal frame that the foundation sits on.

Free Flow - A waterbed mattress that has no baffles. This type of mattress is very wavy.

Hardside - Refers to a waterbed that has a wooden frame that the mattress sits in.

Heater - The unit that allows for the waterbed to be heated.

Heater control - The dial that allows a user to set a specific temperature.

Heater pad - The vinyl pad that goes under the water mattress and produces heat.

Headboard - The decorative fixture at the head of a hardside waterbed.

Lap Seam - A seam that has two pieces of vinyl overlapping each other to form a seal.

Latex foam - natural foam made from rubber trees that are used in the pillowtop's of high end softside waterbeds.

Leak - The unfortunate problem of water escaping the water mattress.

Liner - A vinyl sheet that goes under a water mattress. Used to prevent water escaping the bed if a leak occurs.

Mattress - The vinyl bladder that holds the water.

Mattress pad - A cotton cover that goes over top of a water mattress.

Memory foam - pressure and temperature sensitive foam that is used in the pillowtops of high end softside waterbeds.

Motionless - A water mattress that has virtually no motion.

Motion reduced - unlike a free flow mattress, a motion reduced mattress has a baffle that helps to prevent motion.

Padded rail caps - A padded bumper that goes around the edge of a hardside waterbed to cushion the sides.

Pedestal - The foundation for a hardside waterbed.

Pillowtop - The padded upholstery that covers the top of a softside waterbed.

Repair kit - A vinyl patch and blue used to repair a leak.

Safety liner - A vinyl sheet that goes under a water mattress. Used to prevent water escaping the bed if a leak occurs.

Softside - A waterbed that looks like a traditional box spring and mattress.

Solid state heater - Unlike a cap and bulb heater, a solid state heater uses an electronic diode to control the temperature.

Tuck control - Refers to heater that has a control that tucks under a water mattress.

Topper - A piece of convoluted foam that is sometimes placed over a water mattress.

Valve - The area of a water mattress where the water is put in and taken out.

My Waterbed Shop -
Tell A Friend Find us on Facebook
Currency Converter